MAACO Unconventional Convention
OCTOBER 21-25, 2020
Message from APA
To our members and fellow Maaco franchisees,
What we're experiencing as a result of the pandemic is unprecedented in many ways. The safety of Maaco family is our highest priority. Around the country, local shops have closely followed guidance from health authorities to protect the health and safety of our employees in our centers.
After confirming with Maaco corporate we would not be having our annual convention, many franchise owners have discussed the possibility of getting together. We're all anxious about the news, stressed and stretched from dealing with the day-to-day disruption. The times we're living in now are most likely taking a toll on all of us. With that being said and the help of our long time friend Margie Ford, a date and location has been decided to keep an annual convention in place. This convention will not have all of the bells and whistles as a Maaco sponsored event but It will allow an opportunity as leaders to get together and discuss the challenges ahead of us during this pandemic as well as wins we have all had during the past year.
Maaco corporate supports us and wants what's best for our families, employees, friends and centers.
We must remain confident that Maaco, and the communities we proudly serve, will rebound by working together as the Maaco family has always done.
(still a work in progress)
Spend time with your fellow Maaco peers, friends and family in what could be one of Maaco's best destinations ever!
Book your room here- and take advantage of our Maaco room pricing.
Attendance at the event is $100 per room -
Sent to Maaco Littleton 8085 Blakeland Dr Littleton Co 80125
the fee includes costs of an outside planner and set-up of our private events - see below for more details
Wednesday 10/21 Welcome Private Event
Includes: Hors d’oeuvres and 2 hours of cocktails
(margaritas, mojitos and beers)
Thursday 10/22 9:00- 10:30 open session
Friday 10/22 9:00-10:30 open session
Saturday 10/23 5:30-7:30 Closing Private Event
Includes: Hors d’oeuvres and 2 hours of cocktails
(margaritas, mojitos and beers)
Room and event info - extra details - Remember we are the Association of Maaco Owners so we like to disclose all costs and event info up front -
1. GARZA BLANCA PRESERVE RESORT AND SPA – ALL INCLUSIVE RATES Garza Blanca Preserve Resort & Spa Suite Category Max Occupancy SINGLE DOUBLE TRIPLE QUAD FIFTH SIXTH DELUXE STUDIO 2 $247 $145 JUNIOR SUITE PANORAMIC 2 $247 $145 ONE BEDROOM SUITE OCEAN FRONT 4 $323 $200 TWO BEDROOM SUITE PANORAMIC 6 $441 $264 $180 $145 Rates are per person, per night, based on selected occupancy, quoted in US dollars. Rates include taxes and gratuities. For group rates; there is a minimum of 10 rooms blocked and 3 nights stay required. Rate per child (4 – 12 years) – FREE! ( Maximum 2 in each room)
Q Do we have any registration fee for this event "yes" it was promised by the event planner we would pay for our long time friends room and her air, who will be joining us So we are asking for $100 per room to be sent to Maaco Littleton 8085 Blakeland Dr Littleton Co 80125 also covers additional Second private event: Hors d’oeuvres and 2 hours of cocktails (margaritas, mojitos and beers)
2. RATE INCLUSIONS All Inclusive Plan: Breakfast at Blanca Blue and Bocados STK Restaurants | Lunch a la carte at Blanca Blue and Aquazul Restaurants (Bocados STK, upon availability) | Dinner a la carte at, Blanca Blue, Aquazul and Bocados STK Restaurants | Snacks in pool areas and Aquazul | alcoholic drinks and wines by the glass included from a selected variety of local & international brands at the resort restaurants and bars | Room Service (7:00am to 11:00pm) | flavored water and regular soft drinks | House brands | chilled juices and local mineral water | bottled drinks are not included | only house wines and standard liquors are included in the all-inclusive vacations package | wines from the cellar and Premium liquor brands will be charged accordingly. In-Room amenities and services: Top brand bathroom amenities | bathrobes and slippers (for your use during the stay at Hotel Garza Blanca) | Tea and coffee amenities | safe deposit box | deluxe mini bar | Daily maid and turndown service | preparation of jetted tubs (once per stay and according to type of unit). Hotel Amenities and Services: Selection of books, national/international magazines and journals | towels and pool amenities are available | Concierge service | valet parking service and private security 24/7 | Unlimited access to the gym | pools and outdoor Jacuzzis (according to pool schedule) | Taxes and services: tax, service and gratuities included (individual tips are welcome) | activities and entertainment | board games and non-motorized water sports.Complimentary basic Wi-Fi services in room and public areas for unlimited devices
CHECK-IN & CHECK-OUT TIMES Early Check-in subject to availability at 2:00 p.m. All-Inclusive plan starts with lunch on the day of arrival Late Check-out: 12:00 p.m. All-Inclusive plan ends with breakfast on the day of departure
10% discount on Spa treatments (50 min or more)
Group rate applies 3 days prior and 3 days after group stay, based on availability. To receive this benefit, extensions must be booked within 30 days prior arrival
Complimentary basic Wi-Fi services in room and public areas for unlimited devices
4. OTHER SERVICES WITH ADDITIONAL CHARGE Telephone calls | laundry and dry cleaning service| ironing service | Spa services/treatments | wireless high speed internet in room and public areas | wine from the cellar selection, premium liquor brands and bottled drinks ordered at the bars | cigars and cigarettes | special tasting menus (food and beverages) | paid TV and movies | doctor´s visit | specialty dishes or delicacies (surcharge will be indicated on menu).
5. - ATTRITION, CANCELLATIONS/NO SHOWS POLICY (ROOM BLOCK): a. 10% of the room block can be cancelled with no penalty before September 07th, 2020. Any additional cancellation will be subject to full stay penalty. b. Any cancellation received after September 07th, 2020, no show or early departure will be subject to full stay penalty. c. After the cutoff date, any rooms in the block that have not been reserved by the dates of arrival will be subject to full stay penalty. *The penalty will be in European Plan per room per night, plus taxes. - CANCELLATIONS/NO SHOWS POLICY (INDIVIDUAL RESERVATIONS): The guests must be aware that to obtain the special group rates, a minimum of 3 nights is required. To guarantee the reservation; 1 night non-refundable deposit is required, the remaining amount will be charged at the check in. Cancellation before September 07th, 2020 without penalty, the first night deposit will be refunded. Cancellation after September 07 th, 2020, will be subject to full stay penalty. - CUT OFF DATE The cutoff date for the group is September 07 th, 2020.
Q What happened if US or Mexico close travel?
6. FORCE MAJEURE It is expressly understood that each party shall be released from any and all obligations or liabilities in case the performance of any obligations under the contract by their deadlines becomes impossible in the event of a force majeure event, including acts of God, war, government regulation or action, terrorism, natural disaster, civil disorder, curtailment of transportation facilities, global pandemic (including without limitation COVID-19), and travel and border restrictions issued by government of an applicable jurisdiction (collectively, a “Force Majeure Event”) or any other emergency beyond reasonable control. In such case, THE HOTEL accepts to return all partial payments and/or total payment that have been received from THE CLIENT to guarantee or cover the event and to help the CLIENT in the search for a new location. THE CLIENT will release HOTEL from any liability related to the impossibility of carrying out the event on their premises for the above circumstances.
Q Deposit was paid by group planner
7. DEPOSIT PAYMENT The non-refundable deposit of 3,000 USD was paid to secure the event. A room block is held at THE HOTEL. All reservations will be made individually by the guests; for this reason the initial deposit will be handled as follows: As soon as rooms are booked and guaranteed with a credit card by the group guests, the deposit will go towards the event expenses, penalties or refunded if no additional expenses. First payment is not refundable in the event of total cancellation of the group. NOTE: Non-refundable deposit does not apply to an event cancellation by either party where the cancellation is made due to a Force Majeure event. In the event that either party cancels the event described herein, the Hotel will return all payments to the Client.